Friday, February 13, 2009

What we have been up Too!

The last couple weeks I have been very sick, I got Pneumonia and still worked and continued to be a full time parent....I felt so sick, my body was so tired, and just haven't felt like my-self. Today I feel so much better, I still get to coughing and cant stop, I think I have thrown up almost every dinner in the last week, but no weight lose. This Monday I took Spencer down to Primary Children's Hospital for a check up and the visit didn't go very well, I hate bad news, I sometimes just want to fold in and cry, but I cant I need to stand strong and let everyone know that everything is going to be just fine. The Dr. had 3 concerns, 1. there are moles that have been developing on the Hemangioma. 2. its still purple and the coloring could have been gone, it should be more red. 3. its now 5 inches by 3 1/2 wide, bigger than it was the last time she had seen him.4. It has a very strong pulse in the tumor and it worries her So....I go back down on the 25Th for a ultra sound on his heart and a MRI of his head. I hate this, they have to sedate Spencer, I always think that is scary and I always think of the worst. After that she is going to look over the results before I leave and see what we need to do. the first option is oral medications again, but, she doesn't want to do that again, so the next option is injections directly in the tumor, the next option is surgery, but that will be the last op ion for her. So need less to say being sick and worrying about Spencer has been a very stressful 2 weeks. I have also become the 6Th grade Volleyball Coach, I am really excited about that. The girls are doing great and having a great winter, they have season passes to Grand Targee Ski resort, so they have been up there alot.

5 comments:

Valina said...

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you continue to feel better and hope everything turns out OK for Spencer. I'll keep you in my paryers!

The Steels said...

I am so sorry that you are going through so much. I hate to hear that about Spencer. Please let us know what happens with the doctor and everything. We really like to stay in the loop. We will pray for you guys. We love you!

The Austin's said...

I hope you are feeling better. I'm so sorry to hear about Spencer, please keep us all posted. He will be in our prayers. Good luck!

Penny and the Gang said...

Thanks for all the love and support that we have from all of our loved ones. Please keep us in your prayers! Love all of you!

stansburysteels said...

It has taken me a while to get back to reading the blog updates. (as you may notice, our blog in not updated yet) So sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well and the results of Spencers visit. Both Shawn and Josh have been suffering through some bad stuff. (Dr. diagnosed them with Influenza A, which means no meds will help. Just suffer through it.) We will keep Spencer in our prayers. Love you all.