Friday, March 13, 2009

Major Decisions!


Well I feel 100% better, thanks Becci! I cant remember ever being this sick, I must be getting older :) Well I need every one to give me their 2cent on something that I need to decide by the first of next week. I have been trying to get a State Job for over 2yrs. well I went last week for a job interview and it went really well, too well, they are doing the hiring process as I am typing this, I think I have gotten the job. OK..OK.. that sounds great right, well this is were everything comes into play.
I have been employed by the county for about 6yrs, I am basically at the top of the to tum pole, I can take time off, leave early, run out when needed, and I work 12hr shifts and I only work 3to4 days a week, and I NEVER work week-ends! and alot of time built up for a rainy day, or days. The county offers insurance that it out of this world, and I cant find insurance this good any where else. I am great friends with everyone, everyone here is like family to me, and I love my boss, and he lets me know all the time what a great asset to the team I am.
The state job well...the first thing that I don't like is rotating shifts. night, swing, morning and 1 weekend a month, yuck! The insurance isn't that good, I would have to pay more out of my pay checks, I would be on the bottom of the to tum poll, and I'm not sure how happy they would be with me if I needed to take time off. I wouldn't see my kids on the month that I was working swings. The pay is better, I'm not sure how much, I live about 3 miles from JCC, and I could walk or ride a bike, save alot on gas. I could sell all my cars and finally get a pickup that I have always wanted. I could finally buy a house and settle down, instead of renting.
I am having a hard time, is more money that important, than having more time with my children...The choices the decisions, its crazy!!! I will have to make a choice by the middle of next week.Alot on my mind that is for sure.

2 comments:

Tara said...

oh pen i didnt know!! either way im sure youll be happy. good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Penny,

No more driving in the snow! No more hour and a half drives, night and morning! The convience of bing in the same town as your children!

Not having to work weekends and only working 3to 4 days a week. Thats hard to give up!